Thursday, September 29, 2005

Autumn

Fall is here! Today’s cool breeze made the hot, dry summer worthwhile. The students who didn’t pass their summers in Texas surely couldn’t have appreciated today as much as I did.

Temperatures dropped to the upper 60s, and we donned long sleeves and sweatshirts. I rollerbladed around the loop and was treated to a wilder symphony than I’d heard in a long time. Mockingbirds and sparrows were especially vocal.

Later, I took my homework outside. I must confess that I didn’t fare very well with Heart of Darkness. My attention was drawn away by the mockingbird singing in the branches above me and the pigeons flying nearby.

I’m excited to see the new birds that will come through with the cold weather. I doubt that I will recognize them, but it’ll be fun to try

Welcome, Autumn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home