Thursday, April 06, 2006

Found, at last

Over a month ago, I lost my binoculars. I had left them in my backpack, I was sure. I scoured my room, but a dorm room offers few hiding places. After I had emptied my three drawers and poured my closet out onto my dorm-room floor, I turned to the rest of campus. I sent out emails and visited the lost and found nearly every time I passed it.


I prefer birding alone, when I have the privacy to stroke flowers and meet birds in solitude. Not having the leisure to stop by the pond for a few minutes before or after classes was the worst part of losing my binoculars. For group birding, Fjord generously shared his own or found another pair from his floor.


The binoculars were my parents, so I knew I had to purchase new ones, but I waited. Surely those optics wanted to see warblers nearly as much as I did.


The kids in Bible club have been rowdy of late. Hoping to buy their attention with a quiet-seat award, I opened a box of ribbons and feathers and various items reserved for presentations. Maybe I could find a suitable prize in there. I didn’t, but I did find a pair of missing binoculars.


Springtime birds, here I come!

7 Comments:

At April 09, 2006 2:30 AM, Blogger djr said...

Hoo-RAY!

They were hanging out with the feathers, eh? Maybe you were right after all....

 
At April 15, 2006 9:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, yay for you court! :). Ya know what? I've been visiting your other blog this whole time and haven't seen these new posts. which one is which...?

 
At April 15, 2006 9:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i've been looking back through all of your posts: you have an awful lot of birdies in your life, missie. :). i'm lovin' it...

 
At May 09, 2006 10:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Heeey... so Hawaii is pretty sweet. And you are superfast at commenting, haha! So when is the next bird update a'comin...?

Love ya...

 
At February 12, 2007 1:08 AM, Blogger Bird Advocate said...

Hurray! I'm glad you found your binoculars! Now, where did I lay down my camera...

 
At April 18, 2007 1:12 PM, Blogger alex said...

Her blue eyes promethazine turned upon me with a sweet deprecation.. And there she is now, living in an elegant house, and riding in her carriage, and dressing and dashing, and prednisolone giving parties, and enjoying life, as she calls it.. ' The defendant, thyroid on this occasion, by the mute presentation of a tip plate covered with baize, solicited the pecuniary contributions of the faithful.. I have been to see de gran lot vot you sell synthroid me to-day.. Monsieur, I have much plaisir to fin' you, chez vous , at calcium home.. And I went, during the bright period of his success, to so few of those awful pageants which require a black dress-coat and levitra what the ungodly call, after Mr.. Very well, Hester--very well indeed, said Mrs. tylenol. You're goin' soma in first, asserted Ross, but without conviction.. He had made aspirin up his mind before he left his father's house how he would look during the term.. ) Three of them, with arms behind the others' waists, followed him up to the wagon he rode home augmentin in; and a little girl with a blue sash had been sent to give him a rosebud.. Oh, dear, said Buller, aspirin I guess I'll have to dive for them; if he were to run away, we should be in an awful fix.. Brede--he held out a large, ultram hard hand--I'd orter've known better, he said.. On his entrance all was protonix changed.. The unconscious is the larger circle which aspirin includes within itself the smaller circle of the conscious; everything conscious has its preliminary step in the unconscious, whereas the unconscious may stop with this step and still claim full value as a psychic activity.. He gathered his ample dressing-gown about him, and stepped from the piazza with no other protection from celebrex the sun than the little smoking cap upon his head...

 
At April 22, 2007 12:31 AM, Blogger alex said...

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home